This article covers the current JAMB Cut-Off Mark For Law 2022/2023, and the departmental cut-off mark for Law this year.
Also, a good JAMB score that guarantees admission to study Law in Federal, State, and Private Universities.
In this post, we’ll show you the current and approved JAMB and departmental cut-off mark for Law in 2022 for all schools in Nigeria.
People also ask: What is JAMB cut off mark for Law?, cut off mark for Law in UI, UNN, OAU, UNILAG, UNICAL, UNIPORT, LASU, and UNILORIN?
We’ll do our very best to answer this question, give an honest answer and share some quick wins!
After reading this post, you will know the eligible JAMB score to study Law and the required merit, catchment and ELDs cut-off point for UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
You’ll learn more about the list of Universities Offering Law, Best Universities to study Law in Nigeria, and the O’level admission requirements to study Law.
It must be further noted that Law cut-off mark for 2022 admission (General and departmental) is determined by your school and not JAMB.
This means that there’s no fixed cut-off mark for Law.
Law cut-off mark is not enforceable by JAMB to all higher institutions in Nigeria.
However, Law cut-off mark 2022 is set based on the general performance of candidates in the just concluded Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Post-UTME.
Below, we have provided you with a good JAMB score for Law.
Having this score will give you an advantage over other candidates.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Is Law Cut Off Mark Out For 2022?
- 2 What is a Good JAMB Score For Law?
- 3 Post UTME Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
- 4 JAMB Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
- 5 Departmental Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
- 6 Is Law A Good Course To Study In Nigeria?
- 7 Does a High JAMB Score Guarantee Law Admission?
- 8 JAMB Score That Guarantees Admission To Study Law
- 9 To Study Law In Nigeria
- 10 Top Schools In Nigeria And Law Cut-Off Mark
- 11 Wrapping Up…
- 12 Related Post:
Is Law Cut Off Mark Out For 2022?
JAMB cut-off mark for Law is officially out.
Law cut off marks have been released by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
What is a Good JAMB Score For Law?
A good JAMB score to study Law at any University in Nigeria is 250.
However, the JAMB score you need to gain admission to study Law is determined by five factors.
- General Performance of students in JAMB.
- Admission Quota
- The number of students to be admitted.
- Admission Factors: Merit, Catchment and Educationally less developed States.
With a score of 250 and above you have a chance of being admitted to study Law in your chosen varsity but this does not guarantee an automatic admission considering other admission factors.
Post UTME Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
The management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has Announced 200 and Above as the latest and current Post-UTME Cut off mark for Law in 2022.
All candidates who score 200 and above are eligible for Post UTME examination and online screening.
Buy Post UTME Form.
JAMB Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
The approved Minimum cut off point for Law Admission is 250.
The management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced 250 and Above as the latest and current Cut off mark for Law in 2022.
JAMB fixed 250 for Law after reviewing the 2022 JAMB statistics and general performance.
This means that for you to be on the safer side or study Law in Nigeria, you need to have scored AT LEAST a JAMB score of 250 and above for you to stand a chance of being considered for admission to study Law.
However, if your JAMB score is below 250 you can still be considered for admission considering other factors like O’level Result, and Catchment area among others.
Departmental Cut Off Mark For Law 2022/2023
The approved Minimum Departmental cut off point for Law Admission is 270 and Above.
This means that for you to be on the safer side or study Law in Nigeria, you need to have scored AT LEAST an aggregate score of 270 and above for you to stand a chance of being considered for admission to study Law.
However, if your score is below 270 you can still be considered for admission to study Law considering other factors like O’level Result, and Catchment area among others.
Is Law A Good Course To Study In Nigeria?
Of course, Law is one of the most, competitive, lucrative, and marketable courses in Nigeria.
Not only is it a rewarding course with almost unlimited job opportunities, but it is also a profession that will be in high demand for decades to come.
Some universities offering Law in Nigeria thrive in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestrained scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity.
This makes many students always apply for admission to study Law in these schools.
Does a High JAMB Score Guarantee Law Admission?
The answer is YES!
If you score high in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and also score high in Post UTME.
That is; if your school is among schools that write Post UTME or aptitude tests you will definitely be considered for admission to study Law this year.
JAMB Score That Guarantees Admission To Study Law
With a score above 250 to 280, You have a chance of being admitted to study a competitive course like Law.
To Study Law In Nigeria
- You must have at least 5 Credits in either WAEC Or NECO at First Sitting, not more than Two Sittings.
- Target a High JAMB score.
- Read To Score HIGH In POST UTME if ANY.
- Know how to calculate your school Admission aggregate Points.
- Understand your school’s Admission Catchment areas and ELDS. This will help you to determine or know your chances of gaining admission.
Top Schools In Nigeria And Law Cut-Off Mark
With the below score your admission is 90% guaranteed:
|1.||University Of Calabar (UNICAL)||270|
|2.||Lagos State University (LASU)||270|
|3.||University of Lagos (UNILAG)||270|
|4.||University Of Ibadan (UI)||270|
|5.||University Of Nigeria (UNN)||270|
|6.||University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN)||270|
|7.||Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)||270|
|8.||University Of Port Harcourt||270|
|9.||University Of Benin (UNIBEN)||270|
|10.||Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)||270|
- To have a good chance of gaining admission to study a highly reputable, most competitive degree like Law, you’ll need a high JAMB score of 280.
- You can study Law with a JAMB score of 150-280 but it solely depends on the school you are applying to.
- You can study Law at Private University in Nigeria with a JAMB score of 150 and above.
- Also, If you want to study Law at any Federal University in Nigeria it’s advisable to score at least 250 in JAMB.
- To study Law at any State University in Nigeria score at least 230 in JAMB.
- With just 150 above you can study Law in any private university of your choice.
- The reason Law is becoming so competitive is simply a matter of supply and demand.
- Younger generations are particularly eager to pursue a career in Law, as it allows for a positive impact on society, emphasis on science, technology, and interpersonal connections.
- It allows for autonomy and critical thinking.
- Each law school in Nigeria have a different requirement for their program, but the standard minimum score is usually around 150.
- In most cases, scores below 149 are considered below average.
- Students are put in a scoring percentage, meaning that their scores are compared to other test takers.
All the best as you learn more about JAMB and Departmental Cut Off Mark For Law 2022.
- Best University To Study Law
- JAMB Subject Combination For Law
- Post UTME Form For All Schools
- JAMB Subject Combination
- JAMB Cut off Mark For All Schools
- All School Admission List
- Check Admission Status
- JAMB CAPS Portal
Was this Article Helpful? Do you have any Questions or Suggestions? If yes, Please use the Comment Box below.